The treatment of BPH. As medications and pills.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia – increased growth of the prostate tissue. This benign tumor grows gradually and does not spread.
Signs of benign prostatic hyperplasia
Adenoma of the prostate develops very slowly. And even though the size of the prostate gland is enlarged, often symptoms do not arise. Symptoms may occur periodically.
The first symptoms appear in the moment when an enlarged prostate begins to obstruct the urine, resulting in urine can not completely be released. This can cause these symptoms:
- frequent urination,
- frequent urination,
- difficulty in beginning urination,
- a weak urine stream.
Treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia
Today there are many effective methods of getting rid of the adenoma of the prostate gland, which are divided into surgical and medical. Also in recent years began to frequently use the method of thermotherapy of the prostate. In the early stages of the disease applied drug therapy of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Due to intake of alpha-blockers along with drugs for impotency may drop your blood pressure. In many cases, the side effects should stop taking those pills.
These drugs are quickly excreted, so they need to be applied several times a day. A-blockers relax the muscles around the bladder neck, making urination becomes painless.
Management under the control over products and medicines has approved 4 medication of this group: terazosin (Hytrin), tamsulosin (Flomax), doxazosin (Agents) and alfuzosin (Uroxatral).
A-blockers act quickly, so after a couple of days of treatment increased urine stream and reduced urination. To reduce the risk of side effects, treatment is prescribed with small doses and then gradually increase.
Blockers of the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase
These drugs reduce the prostate, blocks the conversion of testosterone to its active form. These medications lead to significant improvement of symptoms in men with enlarged adenoma, prostate.
But for men whose prostate is enlarged a bit or is the norm, they do not work. These drugs must be applied for a long period of time to obtain the desired result.
Medicinal plants have always been used for the treatment of diseases of the prostate. Today, herbal medicine offers a ready-made medicinal products that contain plant extracts.
The effectiveness of phytotherapeutic drugs is determined by the quantity of phytosterols. These drugs help suppress the synthesis of prostaglandins in the prostate, reduce inflammation, stop the growth of enlarged prostate cells.
The range of herbal remedies for the treatment includes "Tykveol", "Kopriva and Speman".
In the treatment are used:
- Polyene antibiotics. These antibiotics bind to sterols in the intestine and affect the metabolism of lipids and cholesterol. These tablets help to reduce the level of serum estrogen, thereby improving the indicators of urine output and decreases residual urine volume.
- Anticancer drugs. These drugs ("Gepostet", "Supra-fact", "Zoladex", "Flutamid" as the impact on the prostate are similar to hormonal products. For the treatment of BPH applied antimetabolites, antiandrogens, and gonadotropin analoguesreleasing hormones.
- Anti-Parkinsonian drugs. To date, anti-Parkinsonian drug "Bromocriptine" is used for medical therapy of BPH. This drug helps to reduce the secretion of prolactin.
- Anti-microbial agents. These drugs include uroantiseptiki, finasteride and polypeptides. Pipemidova acid helps to get rid of a urinary tract infection and normalize urination.
- Homeopathic remedies. How homeopathic remedies act on BPH has not been studied to the end, however, they have a diuretic effect and help to reduce inflammation in the prostate gland.
Prevention of prostate adenoma
Do not forget that men older than 40 years should undergo regular check-UPS at the urologist, even if they do not have any signs of the disease. This will help eliminate the risk of disease and the common disease like prostate cancer.
Prostate cancer is very difficult to detect in the early stages of the disease when it can still be cured completely. This is due to the fact that the disease in the early asymptomatic. As a result, about 40 percent of cancers of the prostate are not detected as long as the tumor does not extend beyond it.