Easy and complex surgery to remove the prostate.
Today in the treatment of BPH is considered the most effective operational methods. Despite
the fact that in recent years there has been a tendency to reduce the number of operations conducted as a result of this disease, they still are in second place on prevalence in men of Mature age. In the end, after such a procedure are three of 10 men.
The risk of surgical intervention in men with diagnosed BPH increases with age, and worsening urination. Frequent urination at night and change the stream of urine — the two most important prognostic symptom.
Indications for surgery for BPH
Absolute indication to operative treatment in this disease is as follows:
- acute urinary retention, which persists in the result of catheterization of the bladder,
- urinary tract infection, which appeared as a result of disease,
- renal insufficiency caused by BPH,
- stones in the bladder,
- a significant amount of residual urine.
Methods of surgical treatment of BPH
Most often when the disease of prostate adenoma it done because of symptoms of impaired urination, which disturb the patient and are not amenable to drug treatment.
Treatment for severe form of the disease
If the disease is neglected and adenoma has enlarged in size, the bladder is full of urine and kidney failure is observed, apply an open operation.
Adenomectomy or open surgery is when large amounts of the prostate, the complications of benign prostatic hyperplasia, bladder stone, which can not be crushed.
This procedure is considered more traumatic than transurethral resection, but it is completely heals from the disease.
Transurethral incision of the
Adenoma if the patient wants to preserve sexual activity and the volume of the prostate is not very large, it makes transurethral incision of the prostate gland. In this case, tissue is not removed and not carried out their histological study.
Due to this surgery a few years it will be possible to maintain a healthy sex life, however, after this time it will be necessary to do repeated operation to remove the prostate gland.
The postoperative period
To recovery came as quickly as possible, for the first time after the surgery, the patient must adhere to the following rules:
- It is impossible to push, especially during bowel movements. The chair should be daily.
- You need to follow a diet, drink more fluids. This will help to ease the process of digestion and defecation.
- Not to make any sudden movements or carry heavy objects.
- To move a lot, walk in the fresh air, do morning exercises.
Of course, any surgical intervention carries a risk. And with the disease and treatment of BPH is associated with certain risks. After the surgical procedures for treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia may occur some complications, which are divided into early and late.
Early postoperative complications
Immediately after the procedure and during rehabilitation, the patient may experience the following complications:
- TUR-syndrome – contact with wash fluid during surgery in the vasculaturepatient.
- Inflammatory or infectious complications.
- General complications such as pneumonia, venous thrombosis, thromboembolism.
Late postoperative complications
Complications from surgical intervention may occur in the late postoperative period. These include:
- sclerosis of the bladder neck,
- urinary incontinence,
- cicatricial narrowing of the urethra,
- impaired sexual function.
Nutrition and diet with adenoma of the prostate
Every illness involves a certain food, or diet.
And BPH is not an exception. Should watch your diet.
Necessary products in the diet
With the disease of BPH is recommended to use dairy products, plant foods, especially oatmeal, buckwheat and corn porridge, fresh green onions, which contains a lot of zinc and iron, garlic.
Waste products in the diet
In case of BPH, in any case can not drink alcohol, mustard, canned and smoked meat, pepper and eggs.